|Connected Mobility ||Innovative technologies that support a wide range of mobility and mobility services, including the conceptual model, "SPACe_C" (for Sharing Panasonic Autonomous Connected e-Mobility) which is comprised of a powertrain base and a detachable cabin on top. Panasonic showcases an environmentally conscious, safe and comfortable lifestyle by supporting the mobility of people and things and proposing new ways of utilizing mobility. |
- "48v ePowertrain" & "SPACe_C"
- The "48v ePowertrain Platform" that Panasonic introduced in CES 2018 has evolved. With the same volume, the new powertrain boasts double the output and will help make compact EVs more lightweight, maximize cabin space, and extend travel distance.
"SPACe_C," which is comprised of the "48v ePowertrain Platform (drive unit)" that can be combined with a variety of cabins (interior unit), provides a solution that expands possibilities for mobility by reducing costs and responding to multiple purposes.
On stage, the eMobility "SPACe_C" is demonstrating how it will serve as a basic infrastructure that connects products and people, and support people's lives and revitalize communities. As an example of how this solution may be applied, Panasonic has on display a "SPACe_C eMart" equipped with a refrigerated cabin, which is introducing a solution that can deliver fresh food to consumers' desired locations.
- "SPACe_L" (Living Space Autonomous Cabin)
- In addition to automotive technologies that contribute to comfort, safety and security, and the environment, Panasonic is combining its technologies developed for lighting, air conditioning, air quality, seats, and various sensors with the expertise and know-how gained through Panasonic Group's housing business.
- System Solutions Brought to Life to Harley-Davidson® "LiveWire™" Service
- Harley-Davidson is launching its first electric motorcycle, "LiveWire™" in North America, which will be equipped with connected services. Panasonic provides the system solution that utilizes its telecommunications unit (TCU) and OneConnect®, connected service platform. This exhibit gives visitors an overview of Panasonic's system solution, with examples showing that riders will have access to (like checking their motorcycle's condition at all times as well as the ability to track the motorcycle in case of theft).
- Electric Assist Bicycles
- In cooperation with Kent International Inc., Panasonic will begin selling electric assist bicycles in the U.S. in the fiscal year ending in March 2020. Three models especially developed for the U.S. market using Panasonic Cycle Technology's electric assist bicycle drive unit is on display.
- Intelligent Transportation Solution
- Here, Panasonic is introducing the V2X platform, "CIRRUS by Panasonic" which will realize a connected mobility world. The CIRRUS by Panasonic platform is an open architecture, enabling a wide range of partners and strategic alliances. Panasonic has recreated a network operation center to demonstrate the proof of concept work Panasonic is currently undertaking together with the Colorado Department of Transport (CDOT).
- Automotive Cybersecurity
- Panasonic is introducing a security system that can significantly reduce costs of identifying and fixing vulnerabilities. By combining an AI-assisted cyber-attack detection specifically developed for automotive applications, that the system can quickly detect cyber-attacks that are becoming more and more sophisticated, and SIEM, which analyzes logs and makes threats visible.
- Avionics NEXT
- This section introduces NEXT, a new generation in-flight service platform, as well as a concept passenger seat that supports a comfortable in-flight experience under the theme "Wellness."
|Intelligent Living Spaces ||Panasonic will provide user experiences that place people first and are optimal for various life stages. |
- Panasonic β (JELO/HomeX)
- This presentation and conceptual video introduce the concept and culture of Panasonic β, which aspires to mass produce innovation and enhance lives, as shown in relevant use case examples. As outputs, Panasonic is showcasing JELO, an integrated universal design platform for UI/UX design process and the integrated lifestyle platform, HomeX. And as a way to interact with visitors, Panasonic is also organizing a panel discussion (several discussions per day).
|Immersive Experiences ||Panasonic will create an unforgettable entertaining experience by providing an immersive environment in theme parks, museums, stadiums, etc. using imaging and audio technologies. |
- Super Bright Projectors/ Real Time Tracking and Projection Mapping
- Panasonic has brought to life an all new stage presentation in collaboration with the multimedia entertainment studio, "Moment Factory," by combining performers' movements and images using high speed tracking projection mapping that can measure location and process and project images in less than 0.002 seconds.
- Direct Drive Turntable
- Technics SL-1200 Series direct drive turntables have steadily supported the dawning of the DJ culture while pursuing high sound quality. At the Panasonic booth at CES, a DJ will demonstrate the capabilities of "SL-1200MK7," which maintains the same operating ease as its predecessors.
- Full-Frame Mirrorless SLR Camera, "LUMIX S Series"
- Panasonic exhibits a prototype of the full-frame mirrorless SLR camera, "LUMIX S Series," that has adopted the mirrorless SLR "L Mount" standard developed by Leica Camera AG, along with samples of images shot with the prototype. In addition to the large size photos displayed on the wall, images are being shown on the 4K OLED TV (TX-65/55GZ2000 series), which is also making its debut. Through the demonstration of the new function, "HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) Photo," which realizes superior photographic expression with excellent light-dark contrast and rich color gradation, Panasonic proposes new ways to enjoy photography.
In addition, under the theme "Changing Photography," Panasonic takes a look back at LUMIX's contribution to the mirrorless camera industry during the past decade with its technological innovations, as well as Panasonic's technological prowess, which allows it to pursue ultimate image quality and expressions with a special focus on 4 core technologies, "lenses," "autofocus," "shake correction," and "video."
- ELS Studio 3D™ Premium Audio System
- ELS STUDIO 3D premium audio system is on display in the 2019 Acura RDX. Tuned by 8-time Grammy® Award-winning producer and engineer Elliot Scheiner, the ELS Studio 3D premium audio system includes four Highline Ultra Slim™ overhead speakers, 16 total speakers with amplifier power of 710 watts.
|Human Insight Technology ||Panasonic will provide a new experience with technologies that understand and update each and everyone's lives. |
- Human Characteristic Sensing (Facial Recognition, Age/Gender Estimation, Vitals)
- Using camera images, image processing technology, and AI, this solution will use information on appearance or vitals (heart rate) to recognize faces and estimate age and gender. A demonstrator will help visitors experience the technology and understand how it can help you whether in your home, workplace or public space.
- Physical Stress Sensing
- Using 3D sensors, this technology will detect body motion in a test environment to numerically quantify an individual's physical characteristics with a key focus on physical stress. This proprietary sensing technology will assist healthcare, sports-training, and product development communities in rehabilitation, performance training, product development, and more.
- Emotion Sensing
- With proprietary devices such as cameras, heat imaging cameras, pressure sensors, odor sensors, and analytics algorithms, this technology can estimate emotions, thermal sensation, body motion, stress, etc. with great accuracy. This technology can ultimately guide appliances, devices, and systems in a smart home or smart car to make recommendations to foster wellbeing.