Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation announced today that it has developed a battery connector to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuit) board corresponding to high current capacity and boasting the industry's thinnest thickness*. It is useful in the connection of the battery to the electric circuit in smartphones, tablets, and other wearable devices using embedded batteries.
*: As a battery connector for mobile devices.
As of October 1, 2014, Panasonic survey.
Smartphones and other mobile or wearable devices involve lots of functions; some of these functions need a high electrical current like camera flashes and brighter displays, and this trend is expected to continue. On the other hand, these devices become thinner and lighter year by year, so the batteries must be smaller and lighter. Therefore, the connector between batteries and the electronic circuit must be small and able to correspond to larger electric currents.
Panasonic has successfully created a commercial product with this connector, which features the industry's thinnest* profile of 0.6 mm and a high electric current capacity of 6A. By realizing a high retention force for powerful connection reliability, despite being compact and thin, this product is perfect as a connection point transmitting high currents, such as the battery connections of mobile devices, smartphones, tablets, and other wearable devices.
- Industry's thinnest* 0.6mm battery connector with 6.0 A (3.0A/pin x 2 pins) high electric currency capacity. It will contribute to further improvement in mobile devices.
- Its high retention force, despite its small size and thin profile, has been achieved thanks to Panasonic's unique multi-contact mechanism, obtaining higher connection reliability as a result.
- Higher assembly efficiency is realized with its easy positioning when fitting the socket to header.
 Multi-contact mechanism
Mechanism increasing the number of contact points by using double spring balancers for the terminals.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates over 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.74 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2014. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
- Public Relations Group
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3574-5664 Fax: +81-(0)3-3574-5699
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3542-6205 Fax: +81-(0)3-3542-9018