Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation, the worldwide TOP*1 sponsor in the audio visual (AV) equipment category, today announced it has delivered its state-of-the-art AV equipment, such as its Full HD visual equipment, to the 22nd Olympic Winter Games to be held in Sochi, Russia from February 7 to 23, 2014 (Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games). Panasonic will cooperate with the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Sochi Olympic Organizing Committee and Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS), to provide strong support to the operation of the Sochi Olympic Winter Games.
Panasonic has supplied a large amount of equipment to the competition venues and the Olympic related facilities in a variety of AV product areas, including LED large screen displays, audio systems, broadcasting equipment, projectors, VIERA TVs and HD visual communication equipment. Among these, Panasonic's supply of security cameras to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games is the largest in the history of the Olympic Games, and the supply of LED large screen displays is the largest ever by area in the Olympic Winter Games.
In addition, in a new endeavor for the company, Panasonic will record the opening ceremony to be held in the Olympic Park in 4K with the cooperation of the IOC and OBS, which will be used as the company's own video production materials.
To realize the company's concept of "Sharing the Passion" through supplying equipment and its sponsorship activities, Panasonic, with its advanced broadcasting technologies, will deliver the passion, tension and excitement of world's top athletes as well as the emotion brought on by their performances not only to the competition venues, but to viewers around the globe.
AV Equipment Supplied to the Venues
|LED Large Screens Displays
|Professional Audio Systems
|Security Camera Systems
(including DLP*2 projectors)
|HD Visual Communication equipment 89 sets, etc.
1. TOP stands for "The Olympic Partner" and it means the highest ranking worldwide Olympic sponsor. Panasonic has been TOP sponsor since the program was first introduced, and is the only Japanese company. Panasonic signed the TOP sponsor agreement with IOC in 1987 with its accord to the spirit of the Olympic Movement that aims to realize the world peace. Ever since Calgary Olympic Winter Games was held in the following year of the agreement, Panasonic has been contributing to the Olympic Games for over 25 years as TOP sponsor in audio visual (AV) equipment category.
Panasonic already has TOP sponsor agreement up to Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games in 2016. Panasonic will continue to contribute to the success of the Olympic Games through its cutting-edge technologies, based on the concept of its slogan "Sharing the Passion" that is to share the passionate emotion of the Olympic Games with the people around the world.
2. DLP is the registered trademark of Texas Instruments Inc.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates over 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.30 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2013. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
- Tokyo Public Relations Office
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3574-5664 Fax: +81-(0)3-3574-5699
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3542-6205 Fax: +81-(0)3-3542-9018