Osaka, Japan – Panasonic Corporation announced today that its Industry Company has commercialized the KX series of SP-Cap® conductive polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors with the highest level of reliability in the industry – up to 5,500 hours of endurance at 125°C. This new series of capacitors is suitable for use in power circuits for servers and communication base stations, etc. that require capacitors with a higher durability for high-speed communications. Mass production of the new capacitors will start in April 2022.
Panasonic pursues even higher endurance performance in the development of conductive polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors. With the combination of its proprietary conductive polymer forming technology and manufacturing process technology, the company has commercialized the KX series of SP-Cap® with the industry’s longest endurance*1 of 5,500 hours at 125°C, 1.8 times the lifetime of the JX series SP-Cap®.
Panasonic has also expanded the JX series SP-Cap® product lineup with low-ESR products and an added range of rated voltages.
Furthermore, both the KX and JX series of SP-Cap® guarantee long endurance even under high temperature and high humidity conditions – 1,000 hours at 85°C/85% (dump-heat steady state).
Panasonic contributes to stabilizing power supply circuits through the development of conductive polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors that feature low ESR and excellent large capacitance characteristics.
Panasonic's conductive polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors SP-Cap ® "KX Series" and "JX Series" have the following features.
1. Achieving the Industry’s Longest*1 5,500 Hours of Endurance at 125°C: KX series SP-Cap®
- •The KX series SP-Cap® capacitors achieve 1.8 times the lifetime of the JX series SP-Cap® (JX series: 3,000 hours at 125°C)
2. Product lineup expansion with addition of low-ESR products and a further variety of rated voltages: JX series SP-Cap®
- •Addition of products with ESR of 3/4.5 mΩ (100 kHz) to the 2 V and 2.5 V rated voltage product lineups.
- •Increase in the variety of rated voltages with the addition of 4 V and 6.3 V products (ESR: 15 mΩ (100 kHz))
3. Space-saving and lowering environmental impact
- *1. As conductive polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors with endurance of 5,500 hours at 125°C (Panasonic data as of February 28, 2022)