Panasonic Showcases Next-Gen Technology & Solutions to Support 4K Smart Entertainment and Connected Stadiums at 2017 NAB Show
Las Vegas, NV, U.S. - Panasonic Corporation is showcasing its leading video solutions supporting 4K content creation, such as broadcast/video production, stadium business and stadium entertainment, at the 2017 NAB Show in Las Vegas from April 24 - 27.
"One of the big themes of NAB 2017 is the confluence of Media and Entertainment Technologies," said Masaki Arizono, Executive Officer of Panasonic Corporation, and Vice President of Connected Solutions Company in charge of Media Entertainment Business. "This is exactly the business direction Panasonic is now aiming to pursue. It is our mission to become a truly indispensable technology partner for customers in this industry with diverse solutions, making full use of Internet connectivity and other technologies from across our portfolio."
The Panasonic booth (C3607) at the Las Vegas Convention Center has two zones - Connected Stadium Zone and Production Zone. It is designed as a sports stadium to demonstrate how a total solution contributes to guests' experience. Booth technologies and solutions range from next-gen sports shooting systems to the latest display devices to engage spectators, including large LED display systems, digital signage, and other equipment for shooting, editing, transmission and distribution.
Highlights of Panasonic at NAB 2017
Broadcast / Production
- The VariCam 35 4K Camera/Recorder which has already built a reputation for its HDR color reproduction, low light capability and wide dynamic range
- The VariCam LT 4K Camcorder
- The VariCam Pure 4K Camera Module for V-RAW 2.0 Recorder: the camera module of the VariCam 35 directly linked to the V-RAW2.0 recorder capable of uncompressed 4K RAW acquisition.
Other 4K cameras
Connected Stadium Zone
Panasonic is displaying technologies and solutions that take the stadium experience to a new level of engagement:
Panasonic's ballooncam combines a drone with the hovering capability of a large balloon for a unique video platform. With unique shooting angles, the ballooncam can be used to enhance the fan experience at sporting and other stadium events.
4-Sided LED Videoboards
Gigantic four-sided LED screens are hung in the center of the field to offer premium viewing from all stadium seats.
Window Augmented Reality Projection
This exhibit shows how transparent film applied to ordinary window glass can serve as signage to display pristine images. At stadiums, Window Augmented Reality Projection can be used to enhance the experience by showing player stats and high-impact video.
LinkRay-equipped LCD Displays
These displays support Panasonic's LinkRay light ID communication technology. Users can download info instantaneously by pointing their mobile devices at the screens.
- Media Contacts:
- Panasonic Corporation
- Global Communications Department
- Media Promotion Office
- * When submitting your inquiries, please also provide your name, name of media, and country of residence.
- We would like to note that Panasonic Newsroom is not a place to address personal Customer Service issues. Even though this is not the forum, Panasonic is always eager to resolve your concerns. Our local customer services contacts can be found at Global Support http://www.panasonic.com/global/support.html or you can see our list of Social Media Accounts to find the right channel for your queries and concerns here http://news.panasonic.com/global/socialmedia/.