Panasonic Factory Solutions Co., Ltd.
Automation innovation for manually inserted components
Achieve high productivity, versatility, and high-quality manufacturing of large and odd-form component insertion
Panasonic Factory Solutions Co., Ltd., a business unit of Panasonic Corporation, announced today that it will begin taking orders for its new Odd-form Component Insertion Machine, NPM-VF (Model No. NM-EJR9A) in May, 2016.
The mounting process of large components and odd-form components has been a manual procedure and the automation of this process a challenge because such components vary in size, shape and packaging. In addition, the manual process increased labor costs, effected quality, and added to resource challenges.
The new Odd-form Component Insertion Machine NPM-VF solves these challenges by offering high productivity, versatility, and high quality production.
Panasonic continues to provide customers with innovative solutions for the mounting process and contributes to the reduction of TCO*2.
(1) High Productivity
- Achieving high speed insertion of maximum tact 0.8s*5 through its dual-beam (1 head per beam) alternate insertion operation.
- Achieving non-stop production with stick, radial tape and tray feeders, etc. used to replenish components during production.
- Maximum 3 out of 4 types of head modules (body chuck, lead chuck, nozzle, and swing nozzle) can be installed in 1 head, which provides numerous, and versatile applications.
- Broad range of components with 4 types of component supply unit (stick, radial tape, tray, and bowl feeders*3)
(3) High-Quality Manufacturing
- Improved insertion quality by PCB position correction function (with PCB mark and hole recognition), component position correction function (with component lead and shape recognition) and component inspection function.
- Improved production quality by cutting and clinching lead wires with the anvil unit*4, which provides stable component mounting and prevents component miss-insertion & instability.
*1 cph : Components Per Hour
Number of components that can be inserted per hour
*2 TCO : Total Cost of Ownership
Total cost to purchase, maintain and manage equipment, etc.
*3 Individual specification
*5 Under Panasonic Test Conditions
The Odd-form Component Insertion Machine/NPM-VF (NM-EJR9A)