Various Sectors for Solar Panels
According to Mr. Stewart Fowler, President of Panasonic New Zealand, Panasonic has concentrated its solar panel sales efforts in 2 main sectors. First is the residential sector. For example, in Highfield, Christchurch, 2,200 homes equipped with Panasonic's solar panels are being developed. The second sector is the business space, which includes offices, warehouses, and stadiums.
- Mr. Stewart Fowler, the President of Panasonic New Zealand.
- Security cameras running on solar power installed at New Zealand's largest stadium, Eden Park.
Collaboration with the country's largest solar energy company, Solar City
Panasonic works very closely with Solar City, the largest solar energy company in New Zealand, a company with excellent experience and know-how in design and installation. Panasonic New Zealand's president, Mr. Fowler explained that Solar City is "certainly a vital cog for Panasonic New Zealand to be able to offer the full solution." Solar City also regards Panasonic highly, describing it as a "world's leading electronics manufacturer, but they also manufacture the world's best performing PV panel." Solar City CEO, Mr. Andy Booth also said, "together we are building the largest solar sub division, which will deliver about 5MW of power into Christchurch as part of the rebuild for what the earthquake has done."
- Solar City CEO, Mr. Andy Booth talks about the partnership with Panasonic.
- Numerous projects using Panasonic's solar panels are underway.
The future of solar power generation according to Genesis Energy
Utilities company, Genesis Energy, which plays an essential role in making solar power generation system widespread, believes that this business has excellent potential. Mr. Chris Watney, General Manager of Marketing has great expectations. In addition to selling solar panels the company is also looking at a business model, in which they would be renting roof space from consumers.
- Mr. Chris Watney of Genesis Energy talks about his expectations for the solar power generation business.
- Genesis Energy is also looking at a business model in which they would be renting roof space from consumers.
In cooperation with local partners, Panasonic brings to life many different types of solar power generation in New Zealand.