Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation announced today that it will be exhibiting at the 2017 ITS World Congress, which will be held at Palais des congrès de Montréal in Canada from October 29 through November 2, 2017.
The ITS World Congress is an international conference sponsored by ITS organizations that represent three regions in the world (Europe: ERTICO-ITS Europe, United States: ITS America, Asia Pacific: ITS Japan) and is attended by research scientists, industry experts and academic leaders. The conference provides a forum to exchange information from various perspectives such as technology development, policies and market trends, with the aim to create new business opportunities and solutions to traffic problems through the spread of ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems).
The Panasonic Group is currently working in a wide range of ITS business areas, from transport infrastructure to in-vehicle terminals.
The Panasonic booth introduces important technologies that are essential to achieving the company's ideal smart city and better mobility. In addition to the company's efforts to eliminate all accidents and solutions for solving traffic congestion, which are part of the global consensus of the ITS vision, the booth will showcase various communication technologies and communication security solutions that will serve as the foundation of access to free and comfortable mobility and connected vehicles.
Panasonic Booth Image
- 1. Toward Better Mobility: The ITS vision/concept that Panasonic aims for
- 2. Cyber Security System for Automobiles: Solution to achieve security protection over the vehicle's lifecycle
See details at "Panasonic Develops Automotive Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems against Cyber Attacks" (announced on October 10, 2017)
- 3. Telematic Control Unit and Smart Antenna Module: Integrated antenna module that is compatible with built-in antenna style compact in-vehicle communication units and various wireless services
- 4. DSRC V2X Communication System: Showcase demos of the in-vehicle equipment and app for the vehicle-to-vehicle/road-to-vehicle communication system (V2X)
- 5. Millimeter Wave Connectivity for Sensor Sharing at Intersections - Toward 5G: Safe driving using millimeter wave high-resolution radar that connects in real-time
- 6. Vehicle-to-Pedestrian Communication Technology: Vehicle-to-pedestrian communication system that prevents pedestrian accidents by notifying information to pedestrians and drivers
- 7. Wrong-Way Driving Detection: A pan-tilt-zoom(PTZ) camera that contributes to preventing major accidents by automatically detecting vehicles driving in the wrong direction and stopped vehicles using video analysis
- 8. Fleet Management System: A service platform that contributes to operation management and supports safe driving of business vehicles using big data collected by ETC2.0, a new electronic toll collection system
- 9. Smart Street: A highly safe, convenient and eco-friendly urban-use service platform achieved with IoT devices
[ITS World Congress 2017 Special Website]
*Detailed information on the exhibit will become available on October 31 (JST) as soon as the exhibit kicks off.