Panasonic's new "Conductive Polymer Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors" enables instantaneous large current supply to power supply circuits of automotive ECU. Panasonic will start mass- producing the new product in Sep. 2016.
Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation announced today that it has developed "Conductive Polymer Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors" realizing large capacitance and large current in compact size (SMD type), suited for automotive ECUs (Electronic Control Units) power supply circuits of HEV, EV and gasoline-powered vehicles, etc. The new product enables automotive ECU downsizing with instantaneous large current supply into the power supply circuits, contributing to direct mounting on automotive engine ECUs and electromechanical integration.
In accordance with the improvement of fuel consumption of eco-cars and environment regulations, increasing the number of ECUs, direct mounting on engines instead of engine rooms, electromechanical integration are required. For capacitors, compact size, large capacity, large current are required for the purpose of stabilizing power voltage, removing noise etc. in ECU power supply circuits. Panasonic have met these market requirements and enabled instantaneous large current supply to power supply circuits, making possible to expand to the applications of compact motor driving assistance in accordance with electromechanical integration, and large motor driving assistance with power train motorization.
This new product has the following features:
- Large capacity in compact size, contributing to ECU downsizing and direct mounting on ECU engines
- Dimensions(mm) : diameter 10.0 × height 10.2
- Static capacitance : 470 uF / 25 V.DC
Panasonic's conventional products* 330 uF / 25 V.DC
- Large current in compact size, contributing to instantaneous large current supply for motor driving
- Ripple current :2800 mArms
Panasonic's conventional products* 2000 mArms
* Conductive Polymer Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors, ZC series
- SMD type enables automatic mounting on PCB, contributing to customer's process cost down.
High function ECU power supply circuits, electromechanical integration ECU circuits of HEV, EV, gasoline-powered vehicles.
Panasonic will release "LC filter simulator" for automotive on May 31, 2016.