Jun 30, 2023
- Press Release
- Business Policy
- Operating company
Jan 06, 2015
Company / Press Release
Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation will showcase its innovative solutions under the theme of "A Better Life, A Better World" at the 2015 International CES, which runs from January 6 to 9, 2015, in Las Vegas, Nevada, in the United States.
This year Panasonic presents its solutions that improve our daily lives. Solutions are in three zones: Consumer Products, B2B Solutions and Automotive/Devices, showcasing Panasonic's latest home appliances and solutions for automobiles and businesses. In addition, the company will host an interactive video stream broadcast, Panasonic Live @ CES2015, direct from the show floor.
(1) A new display with a screen that changes in size according to the usage purpose. It provides an user-friendly interface, allowing the user to operate security systems and home appliances intuitively.
(2) Wall-projection that creates a "dining" space by using Panasonic's short-throw projector designed to match the interior
(3) A quality "kitchen" equipped with sensor technology and non-contact cooking tools
Products & Hands-On
• New 4K compatible VIERA TV
The CX850 series of VIERA Smart TVs offers high quality 4K Ultra HD images with color expressions enriched by a new phosphor technology that expands the range of colors. Incorporating Firefox OS, the TVs also make it easier for users to access quickly the content they want. The CX 850 series features the Xumo Discovery Home Screen for seamless enjoyment of various VOD services.
• Prototype of next-generation Blu-ray Disc player
Panasonic has developed Blu-ray Disc playback technology that supports the latest technologies such as 4K and High Dynamic Range that are expected to be included in the next-generation Blu-ray Disc standard*. A prototype BD player is on display.
• Microwave oven (to be released in April in North America)
This new microwave incorporates cyclonic wave technology that enables fast and uniformed finish from the center to the surface when warming, cooking and defrosting, regardless of the shape and size of the food.
• Slow juicer (to be released in July in North America) - with demonstration
Equipped with a slow motor of 45 rotations a minute and a metallic screw, this machine extracts juice from vegetables and fruits without losing nutritional value. Tasting of healthy and best-for-diet juice will be available.
• Bread maker (to be released in September in North America)
This bread maker enables you to make a wide range of tasty breads at home without fail. The machine is loaded with popular gluten-free menus in response to rising health awareness.
This area features an interactive mirror (prototype) that can check your skin conditions and provide skin care advice when you simply sit in front of it. Visitors can try virtual makeup and make-up navigation. Men can try on virtual beards and mustaches that suit on the facial contour.
Products & Hands-On
• Shaver (five blades)
Try out Panasonic's shaver featuring "close-fit tracing head" that gives a smooth feel after shaving; five Japan-made blades that enable fast and deep shaving; and a "skin and beard sensor" that reduces burden on the skin
• Beauty products (nano-e hair dryer, steamer, straighter)
Panasonic introduces hair dryers equipped with its nano-e technology that allows for smooth passing of fingers through hair by balancing the moisture of the hair. Combined with optimized grip and operability and a quick drying nozzle, the nano-e dryers make it easy and quick to dry hair by untangling wet and clustered hair without the need for the user to shake the dryer. Visitors can also find steamers that supply moisture by penetrating nano-size steam into the layer of stratum corneum.
Here, Panasonic introduces adventure products for outdoor activities including 4K wearable cameras and ruggedized compact digital still cameras.
Products & Hands-On
• Digital imaging products
The Panasonic TS6, a rugged water-, dust- and shock-proof compact digital still camera, and water and dust resistant 4K wearable cameras that allow for hands-free shooting of 4K30p video on active scenes.
• Audio products
Visitors can find headphones, recommended according to five purposes and usage scenes, including "high resolution," "travelling," and "fitness."
This area introduces new styles of photography and video expressions such as the "4K photos" function that enables the user to capture a still photo from a frame of 4K video and "hybrid photography" that combines still images and moving images. Demonstrations include production of images by using 4K video for posting on social network sites.
Products & Hands-On
• Digital cameras
LUMIX cameras including the CM1 communication camera, which is a full-fledged digital camera with high-speed mobile communication capability (LTE), as well as new mirrorless single-lens system cameras and compact cameras
• New video cameras
The WX970/VX870 series with 4K30p capability on a compact body and the world's first* high dynamic range composition (HDR) recording function, as well as the W570 series with advanced wipe technique
* As a consumer digital video camera as of January 6, 2015
Products on Display
The iconic Technics audio brand, known for its emotionally-engaging sound and music, returns to North America. The Hi-Fi audio systems, which will be released in North America from March, include the Technics R1 Reference-Class System and the Technics C700 Premium-Class System.
Visit Panasonic's listening suite at the Venetian Hotel (29th Floor, 111)
Store Solutions Stage
(1) Solutions for quick-service restaurants, such as "noise cancelling microphones" (prototype) for use at noisy areas like drive-through counters, and "voice recognition and automatic data entry" for improving efficiency and customer satisfaction
(2) Solutions for supermarkets, such as "electronic shelf labels" (shown for reference) that display product information stylishly, "security cameras" with the industry's top-class image quality and resolution that can cover wide areas for monitoring the safety of customers, and "camera utilization solutions" that analyze in-store conditions
(3) Solutions for restaurants including "smart spot light" (prototype) to display information customers wish to have by using a projector that recognizes and follows people, and "smart down-light" (prototype) that displays relevant signage images by recognizing objects such as champagne glasses on a table
(1) Ideas for shopping malls - "Transparent screens" (prototype) that enable display of images and information on a transparent materials such as window panes of stores
(2) Ideas for hotels - "4K touch signage with multiple 4K video images" that allow for easy operation of multiple videos and information on the cloud server, using a 4K touch panel
(3) "Museum signage" that uses Panasonic's light ID solution*, a high-speed visible light communication technology that enables easy reception of information from LED lighting and signage panels, using a smartphone.
*Announced on December 11, 2014
Water Projection Mapping
Visitors can find solutions for hotels and theme parks that use Panasonic's projectors with unique ultra short-throw lens and high brightness to project various images on the pool and waterfall in the back.
Real-Time Sports Analytics System
Solutions introduced here will help sports teams develop a winning strategy by analyzing images of, for example, soccer players that were captured with a wide-angle 64:9 camera system.
Here, Panasonic shows airline "lounge solutions" that offer premium services with individual authentication, the latest in-flight entertainment systems, and the company's "travel thread" concept that covers from home, lounge, in-flight, airport to destination.
Visitors can find a vehicle on display loaded with Panasonic's latest in-vehicle solutions, including infotainment system SYNC 3 to be delivered to Ford Motor Company and an Internet radio service, AUPEO!.
(1) Electric vehicle - Tesla Motors' Model X, an SUV with benefits of a minivan, is on display as an example of the partnership between the two companies
(2) Electric scooter - Gogoro's Smartscooter™ makes a world debut here. The company aims to achieve a smart city transformation with its electric scooters and battery-swapping infrastructure. More information can be found in Gogoro's press release: http://www.gogoro.com/press/2015-01-05-gogoro-smartscooter-launch/
(3) Electric assist bicycles - Panasonic's premium electric assist bicycle "Titanium Flat Road EB" is on display.
A large LED signage monument consisting of Panasonic's large-scale LED displays shows content suitable for outdoor display. Panasonic's content production and delivery services are also introduced.
Period: January 6 (Tue) to 9 (Fri), 2015
Venue: Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), Central Hall (#9808)
Booth size: 1,575 m²
Exhibits: Home appliances, B2B solutions, latest in-vehicle and avionics products and solutions
Panasonic Live @ CES 2015
Panasonic will present a broadcast of its showcase as well as comments from industry leaders via social network services direct from the Panasonic booth. By visiting this website (http://www.panasonicces2015.com/), visitors to the booth and viewers at home can interact via social media.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates around 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.74 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2014. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
The content in this website is accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to change without notice.
Please note therefore that these documents may not always contain the most up-to-date information.
Please note that German, French and Chinese versions are machine translations, so the quality and accuracy may vary.
Jun 30, 2023
May 26, 2023
May 16, 2023
Mar 01, 2023
Feb 21, 2023