Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation today announced that it will exhibit at CEATEC JAPAN 2014, an exhibition for cutting-edge IT and electronics held at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba City, Japan, from Tuesday 7 October to Saturday 11 October.
This year, under the theme of "A Better Life, A Better World," Panasonic will propose a lifestyle full of excitement and inspiration by focusing around the "4K World" that spans from B2C to B2B, along with new products under the Technics brand, which will return as a brand dedicated to top-of-the-line audio products.
Panasonic's 4K World has broadened to include from 4K consumer products that make "watching," "capturing," and "recording" activities more enjoyable to 4K solutions for businesses. The company will present its 4K World, how it innovates various aspects of life from everyday life to business.
■ Display Corner
4K Consumer Products
- Panasonic will exhibit 4K models of VIERA TV sets in a wide range of sizes and configurations from 40 inches to 85 inches, a large variety of 4K video capable LUMIX cameras and camcorders supporting diverse photographic and video recording needs, and a 4K-compatible DIGA that can store 4K-quality still pictures and video on its hard disk and play them back.
- Panasonic will also propose new ways of photography, including 4K PHOTO that allows the user to extract a key moment captured in high-definition 4K video as an 8 megapixel still picture.
4K Business Solutions
- In addition to the 4K VARICAM35 camera/recorder designed for professional 4K shooting, Panasonic offers other 4K solutions geared to the business sector. These include the TOUGHPAD 4K, a business tablet that has brought innovation to business with high-definition images delivering texture and highly realistic sensation, a 4K-compatible RF/IP hybrid set-top box (prototype) that is among the first to support the forthcoming 4K cablecast, and a large 4K touch panel display (prototype) that offers high picture quality, as well as a smooth touch experience even under strong sunlight or during simultaneous operation by multiple users.
- Panasonic will present two new hi-fi audio system series from Technics, the brand that has been reborn by fusing Panasonic's traditional audio technology and latest digital technology to give emotionally-engaging sound and musical experiences. The new products include the Reference System R1 series that delivers the utmost musical experience, and the Premium System C700 series that fulfills the demands of the discerning music aficionado.
- The brand's concept, history, and key technologies are also exhibited here. In the listening room, visitors can taste high-quality and highly realistic sound of Technics that will deliver a whole new level of musical experience filled with excitement and inspiration.
*Please note that the content of the exhibits is subject to change.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and engineering of electronic technologies and solutions for customers in residential, non-residential, mobility and personal applications. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates over 500 consolidated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.74 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2014. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company strives to create a better life and a better world for its customers. For more information about Panasonic, please visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
- Public Relations Group
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3574-5664 Fax: +81-(0)3-3574-5699
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3542-6205 Fax: +81-(0)3-3542-9018