Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation today announced that it will showcase ecologically-sustainable lifestyles with its green and smart energy solutions at Eco-Products 2012, one of the largest environmentally-themed exhibitions in Japan, to be held at Tokyo Big Sight from December 13 to 15, 2012.
Under the theme of "Eco and Smart Lifestyles," Panasonic will introduce sustainable and comfortable lifestyles that can be achieved by linking together a wide range of its smart appliances through home energy management system (HEMS). The Panasonic booth demonstrates its commitment to efforts to realize ecological lifestyles without sacrificing comfort through the creation, storage, and efficient utilization of green energy. The main features of the Panasonic booth are as follows.
■ Corporate Stage
- The Corporate Stage introduces Panasonic's Smart Home Energy Management System (SMARTHEMS) that manages energy usage by visualizing power consumption and automatically controlling the connected electrical equipment to help save energy around the house. With examples of energy use in everyday life settings, visitors can easily grasp how the system works.
■ Display Corner
- Smart Energy: Panasonic's unique SMARTHEMS, with AiSEG at the core, which helps save energy comfortably and smartly is introduced together with compatible home appliances (air conditioners, IH cooking heaters, Eco Cute water heaters) and energy creation-storage linked systems.
- Smart Appliances: New functions and energy-saving features of Panasonic's ECO NAVI technology are presented with a focus on the latest ECO NAVI-line refrigerators, air conditioners, and washing machines.
- SMARTHEMS Installation Examples: Examples include PanaHome Smart-City Shioashiya in western Japan, with smart houses -- every one of them equipped with SMARTHEMS -- now on sale.
■ Environmental Education Corner
Here children can learn ways to conserve the environment in a workshop setting. With the theme of "Eco-friendly Homes Come with Solar-power Generation Systems and Storage Batteries," children will explore how solar power generation systems and storage batteries can achieve a low-carbon lifestyle, using tablet computers. This is designed for children in the upper grades of elementary school.
■ Environmental Initiatives Corner
This section provides updates on Panasonic's recycling-oriented manufacturing initiatives since last year, focusing on resources recycling. The corner highlights the company's initiatives in implementing the concept of "Make → Use → Return." They include Panasonic's advanced technologies for recycling materials like resins, glass, and metals; its achievements in resources recycling; and its latest initiatives to address environmental issues.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products in three business fields, consumer, components & devices, and solutions. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.85 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2012. Panasonic's stock is listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) Stock Exchanges. The company has the vision of becoming the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by the 100th year of its founding in 2018. For more information on Panasonic, its brand and commitment to sustainability, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
- Global Public Relations Office
- Panasonic Corporation
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3574-5664 Fax: +81-(0)3-3574-5699
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: +81-(0)3-3542-6205 Fax: +81-(0)3-3542-9018