May 30, 2012
Panasonic Embarks on Marketing Initiative
for London 2012 Olympic Games
Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation, a TOP* sponsor of the Olympic Games, today announced that it will launch a variety of marketing campaigns globally under the slogan of "Sharing the Passion" to spread the magnificence and thrill of the London 2012 Olympic Games to be held in the United Kingdom in July and August. The campaigns are organized around the following two main activities.
1. Opening of the Corporate Pavilion, the "Panasonic Full HD 3D Theatre", in the Olympic Park
Panasonic will open its corporate pavilion, the "Panasonic Full HD 3D Theatre", at the Olympic park located in Stratford, London, throughout the Games from July 28 to August 12, 2012 under the cooperation of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the London Organising Committee of Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG), and the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS).
The approximately 400-square-meter pavilion will be equipped with the Full HD 3D Theater consisting of a 152-inch PDP and a 103-inch PDP. Programs including gymnastics, swimming, and synchronized swimming will be shot by the OBS by using 3D filming equipment provided by Panasonic and broadcast live. This 3D video footage will offer a sense of being submerged into the competition and provide visitors to the pavilion with a spectacular experience and a feeling just as though they are really watching the sport event at the Olympic site.
2. Starting Global Advertising for the Olympic Games
From June, Panasonic will start its global advertising campaign on TV and in print media with Louise Hazel, an English athlete of the Heptathlon, and Neymar da Silva Santos Junior, a Brazilian footballer. The video content, such as TV commercials and "making of" videos can be enjoyed on the YouTube Special site which will open in the middle of June. In the host country, the UK, Panasonic will develop the Olympic outdoor advertising activities in airports and London City and advertisements on buses and taxis in order to build up anticipation for the event.
Panasonic has just launched the "Panasonic/Worldwide Olympic Partner" page on the social network service (SNS) Facebook to introduce its wide variety of activities as a TOP sponsor. In addition, the company will communicate with users through the site, sharing the passion with users around the world who love the Olympic Games.
Furthermore, Panasonic will also develop its original marketing campaigns and activities worldwide.
[Panasonic Facebook page]
"Panasonic/Worldwide Olympic Partner"
[Panasonic Facebook App]
"SHARE THE PASSION"
* "TOP" stands for The Olympic Partner, the highest rank of sponsorship for the Olympic Games. Panasonic is currently the only Japanese domicile TOP sponsor. Panasonic is proud to support the Olympic Movement aimed at promoting world peace through sports as the Official Worldwide Olympic Partner in the Audio and Visual Equipment category for 25 years since The Olympic Partner (TOP) Program commenced for the Calgary Olympic Winter games in 1988. Under the slogan of "Sharing the Passion," Panasonic will contribute to the success of the Olympic Games through its equipment and technology. In 2007 Panasonic renewed the partnership with the International Olympic Committee through to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products in three business fields, consumer, components & devices, and solutions. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.85 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2012. Panasonic's stock is listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) Stock Exchanges. The company has the vision of becoming the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by the 100th year of its founding in 2018. For more information on Panasonic, its brand and commitment to sustainability, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
- Global Public Relations Office
- Panasonic Corporation
- Tel: 03-6403-3040 Fax: 03-3436-6766
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: 03-3542-6205 Fax: 03-3542-9018
Banner area begins from here.
The content in this website is accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to change without notice.
Please note therefore that these documents may not always contain the most up-to-date information.
Please note that German, French and Chinese versions are machine translations, so the quality and accuracy may vary.