Asian Tour Launches Panasonic Swing with Panasonic Corporation
Bangkok, Thailand - May 16, 2017 - The Asian Tour has launched the Panasonic Swing comprising of five tournaments with Panasonic Corporation.
Under this new and exciting initiative, Panasonic Corporation has also become the Asian Tour's Official Consumer Electronics, which reinforces its support for professional golf across the region.
The Panasonic Swing kicked off with the Thailand Open, which made a welcome return onto the Asian Tour Schedule, at the Thai Country Club.
The Thailand Open, the first leg of the newly launched Panasonic Swing, was held at the Thai Country Club from May 18 to 21, 2017. Young Thai Rattanon Wannasrichan won his first Asian Tour title at his own National Open.
Date: May 18 to 21, 2017
Venue: Thai Country Club
Winner: Rattanon Wannasrichan (Thailand)
Winner's Prize: USD 54,000
Details of the partnership
- The Panasonic Swing features five tournaments - 2017 Thailand Open (May 18-21), 2017 Panasonic Open India (November 2-5), one Asian Tour sanctioned event in Malaysia and Indonesia in 2017 and 2018 Panasonic Open Japan
- The Panasonic Swing ranking is based on an aggregate points ranking earned by players at the five tournaments
- The top-three finishers in the Panasonic Swing final ranking, which culminates with the 2018 Panasonic Open Japan, will earn US$70,000, US$50,000 and US$30,000 respectively via a bonus pool reward scheme
- The winner of the Panasonic Swing will gain an exemption into one designated European Tour tournament in 2018
- The top local finisher at the designated legs in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and India will qualify for the Panasonic Swing finale in Japan
Panasonic Corporation, which is a long-standing worldwide Olympic Games partner, has supported professional golf at the highest level in Asia through its title sponsorship of the Panasonic Open India since 2011 and Panasonic Open Japan, which was launched in 2016 and concluded its second edition last month.
Panasonic Corporation Advertising Department Groupwide Brand Communications Division GM, Tetsurou Maruyama, said: "Our desire is spreading the passion and emotion throughout the world via sports. And by doing that, we would like to realize the better life and the better society. Such desire leads to the Olympic Partnership for more than 25 years, holding many corporate sports clubs and sponsoring sports events."
"We are pleased to introduce the new programme named Panasonic Swing, hand in hand with the Asian Tour, which is filled with our desire to contribute to the promotion of Asian golf."
Asian Tour CEO Josh Burack was delighted to welcome Panasonic Corporation on board its stable of Tour Partners.
"On behalf of our talented players, I would like to express our fullest appreciation to Panasonic Corporation for its great support towards the Asian Tour. Panasonic is a world leading company, so we are honoured to have them come on board as one of our Tour Partners," said Burack.
"Panasonic Corporation already title sponsors two fantastic tournaments, the Panasonic Open India and Panasonic Open Japan, on the Asian Tour. The creation of the Panasonic Swing will add further excitement for our players as well as provide a greater earning opportunity through the bonus pool which is created across these five tournaments.
"Through the Panasonic Swing, we are also delighted to announce the top local player in each of the four legs in Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia and India will gain exemptions into the finale in Japan. This is a wonderful incentive and motivation for our domestic golfers to fight for the opportunity to compete in the Panasonic Open Japan every April, which will be the Swing finale."
About Asian Tour
As the official sanctioning body for professional golf in Asia, the Asian Tour leads the development of golf across the region, enhancing the careers of its members while maintaining a commitment to the integrity of the game. The Asian Tour, through its membership of the International Federation of PGA Tours, is the only recognised pan-Asian professional golf tour in Asia. This unique feature positions the Asian Tour at the pinnacle of professional golf in Asia; providing its events with Official World Ranking status. Tour Partners include ECCO (Official Footwear Sponsor), FENIX XCell (Official Apparel Supplier), Titleist (Official Web Partner), Bloomberg TV (Official International Media Partner), Bloomberg Businessweek Chinese (Official International Media Partner), Panasonic (Official Consumer Electronics) and Rolex (Official Timekeeper). Sentosa, Singapore is the Home of the Asian Tour which also has an office in Kuala Lumpur.
Also, visit us at:
- We would like to note that Panasonic Newsroom is not a place to address personal Customer Service issues. Even though this is not the forum, Panasonic is always eager to resolve your concerns. Our local customer services contacts can be found at Global Support or you can see our list of Social Media Accounts to find the right channel for your queries and concerns.