Panasonic is providing the camera sharing service, "PaN," to Nasu Highland Park's "Ultra-body-sense! Ultra Heroes World".
Nasu, Japan - Panasonic Corporation ("Panasonic") has provided its camera sharing service, PaN*, to Nasu Highland Park (in Nasu County, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan, and operated by Towa Nasu Resort Co.). The photo shooting service by PaN has been up and running at the "Ultra-body-sense! Ultra Heroes World," which started on March 1, 2017.
Overview of the photo shooting service
The "Ultra-body-sense! Ultra Heroes World" is an indoor, walk-through, character exhibition event, which is being organized to commemorate 50 years since the start of the Ultraman series broadcast. Using the shooting card passed out at the gate, guests can take selfies at 4 photo spots using the PaN camera, including a photograph of them with a life-size, 1:1 scale Ultraman Katauezo of great power. Then, guests can purchase prints and/or the data of photographs they like. Customers who purchased data can download the data of photographs onto their smartphones or PCs.
*PaN: Stands for "Photo and Network"
Photo service - prices (tax inclusive)
- Package (4 prints and all photo data at photo spots): 1,500 yen
- Individual (print*): 500 yen per photograph
- Individual (data*): 500 yen per download data *Photo data captured by the PaN camera at 1 of the 4 photo spots
Period: March 1, 2017 to January 8, 2018
Place: Nasu Highland Park, Large Event Hall
Address: Takakuotsu 3375, Nasu-machi, Nasu-gun, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan 325-0303
About the camera sharing service, PaN
The camera sharing service, PaN, is a system that combines Panasonic's photo shooting technology and NTT Communications Corporation's cloud/network technology. This has brought to life a new service, which enables visitors to share cameras that have been pre-installed in amusement parks, theme parks, and event halls. Visitors can take photographs from angles never-before-possible without any equipment, and they can download the photographs onto their smartphones and PCs at any time.
This is the first time the PaN has been installed at a walk-through attraction.
- Media Contacts:
- Panasonic Corporation
- Global Communications Department
- Media Promotion Office
- * When submitting your inquiries, please also provide your name, name of media, and country of residence.
- We would like to note that Panasonic Newsroom is not a place to address personal Customer Service issues. Even though this is not the forum, Panasonic is always eager to resolve your concerns. Our local customer services contacts can be found at Global Support http://www.panasonic.com/global/support.html or you can see our list of Social Media Accounts to find the right channel for your queries and concerns here http://news.panasonic.com/global/socialmedia/.