Tokyo, Japan - Today, on December 11, 2014, one of Japan's largest environmental exhibitions, the "Eco-Products 2014" began. Panasonic, that has a booth in East Hall 5, is introducing a wide range of products and solutions that bring to life a greener lifestyle and innovative technologies that may change the world in 2 zones "Products" and "Eco Technologies." And in the third zone, "Wonder Seminar," Panasonic will organize various seminars and workshops over the 3-day exhibition. Please come take a look at Panasonic's proposals for "A Better Life."
- News Flash: #ecopro 2014 Panasonic Booth Highlights
- Zero Energy House (ZEH) Panasonic is showcasing its latest energy-saving, eco technologies, and the evolution of the "Zero Energy House (ZEH)" made possible by "Casart Eco Cordis II," which combines an extensive range of ideas and technologies from PanaHome.
- ECONAVI home appliances Visitors will be able to experience intelligent functions of the impressive line-up of ECONAVI-equipped products that help save energy by automatically detecting areas to improve energy efficiency.
- Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town Panasonic is also introducing the "Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town," which is now fully functioning in Fujisawa City of Kanagawa Prefecture in Japan. You will see how not only the homes but the entire town also strikes a balance between eco-consciousness and comfort.
- Eco quiz rally On the panels found in the zone, actor, Hidetoshi Nishijima gives a few questions about being eco-conscious. When you get all the answers right to the "Tell us Mr. Nishijima! Eco Quiz Rally," you will get a special prize.
[Eco Technology Zone]
- Convenience store solutions Here Panasonic is showcasing solutions for convenience stores that significantly save energy such as non-CFC freezers and display cases that use CO2 refrigerants, systems that work together to create and save energy, LED lighting, and air conditioners.
- Photocatalytic water purification technology Panasonic is introducing for the first time the evolution of its "photocatalytic water purification technology," which uses the power of UV rays in sunlight to detoxify water that may contain harmful substances like arsenic and hexavalent chromium. The demonstration explains in a straightforward manner how this technology works.
- Recycling technologies This area explains Panasonic's latest technologies for recycling resin and the recycling scheme for electric circuit boards/steel plates.
- Seminars by Panasonic Panasonic employees well-versed in the respective products and technologies will explain the solutions on display in detail.
- Seminars by guest lecturers There will also be seminars with famous guest lecturers you may have also seen on TV. They will talk about how to renovate your home with green solutions and to help protect the global environment.
- Panasonic Kids School children's workshop Panasonic will have numerous activities that help children learn about ecology while having fun. There are workshops for creating hybrid cars with solar and dry cell batteries, and using an electronic whiteboard and tablets, they will also have an opportunity to learn about the evolution of Panasonic's washing machines, their eco performance, and how products are developed.
"Eco-Products 2014" will be on until December 13, 2014 (Saturday). Please come by and experience Panasonic's products and technologies that help create "A Better Life."
Eco-Products 2014 Overview
Period: December 11 (Thurs) - 13 (Sat), 2014, 10:00 - 18:00 (Closes at 17:00 on Saturday) Venue: "Tokyo Big Sight" (Panasonic booth: East Hall 5) Admissions: Free (registration required) Organizers: Japan Environmental Management Association for Industry (JEMAI), Nikkei Inc. Eco-Products 2014 official website: http://eco-pro.com/eco2014/english/
- Panasonic' Sustainability
- Panasonic Eco Technology Center (PETEC) - Recycling of used home appliances, development, and verification of recycling technology
- Panasonic Develops Highly Effective Water Purification System Using New Unique Photocatalyst (Aug 5, 2013)
- Panasonic Kids School Global
- Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town Goes Into Full-Scale Operation Near Tokyo (Nov 29,2014)