Panasonic Showcases Automated Driving Technologies and Systems Using Big Data at the 21st ITS World Congress 2014
- Panasonic Booth at ITS World Congress 2014
Leading global systems-solutions provider Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America has exhibited and demonstrated a range of advanced technologies that support automated and connected vehicles at the 2014 Intelligent Transport Systems World Congress (ITS), held at Cobo Center in Detroit, U.S.
Since 2011, Panasonic Automotive has been the world's largest supplier of automotive infotainment systems, according to IHS Automotive*. Panasonic's industry-leading infotainment systems combine advanced connectivity with rich content and easy operation, bringing together convenience and vision technologies in ways that enhance awareness, entertain and delight drivers.
- Flash News Report from Detroit, Reporting by Ms. Georgienne Kirsten in Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America
Panasonic Automotive's participation at this year's ITS showcased its commitment to raising the standard for transportation systems and traffic management, while contributing to a cleaner environment, consumer comfort, choice and safety, and community life.
In keeping with the 2014 World Congress theme of "Reinventing Transportation in Our Connected World," the company's exhibit space spotlighted Technology for the Connected Car and Big Data Solutions.
"For Panasonic it's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle," said Tom Gebhardt, President of Panasonic Automotive.
- Panasonic's focus on Automated and Connected Vehicle Technologies.
- Panasonic's focus on Intelligent Transport Systems Big Data solutions.
- Vision buck featuring medium HUD, cluster display and steering wheel switches.
Technology for the Connected Car solutions exhibited:
- Surround View Camera with Sensing Features
- Pelican Imaging- an ultra-thin, camera array and imaging
- Side View Camera
- Intelligent Mirrors show unobstructed view
- 79GHZ Radar for Infrastructure- Millimeter-wave radar sensor with potential application for both side-of-vehicle and infrastructure sensing
- V2X Communications, allowing for vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-person, and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication
- eCockpit (Head Up Display)
- Steering Grip Sensing Technology
Big Data solutions exhibited:
- Logistics Probe Solutions using Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC), On-board Unit (OBU), and GPS
- AUPEO!(R) Personal Radio(TM) audio companion service to offer a personalized blend of entertainment and information
- Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town - Connected sustainable eco lifestyle projectn
In addition to product technologies and industry solutions, Panasonic technology leaders participated in the following 2014 ITS Congress Sessions:
Ken Nakaoka, Cooperative ITS System Standards / Tomoaki Abe, Innovations in Bus Vehicle Systems / Yuichi Takayanagi, NMEA Format (GPS) utilizing Short Range Data for Mobile Phone and Applied Map Deliver Systems / Atsuo Iwase, An Examination of the Application of a Film Antenna for 700MHZ Band ITS / Ryoichi Ogishima, Minimum Quality Requirements for Driving Event Video Recorder to Secure Safe Driving Management / David Taylor, The Cloud Gets Personal, Connected Vehicle Trade Association Summit
*Aupeo! is a registered trademark of Aupeo, GmbH
*Personal Radio is a trademark of Aupeo, GmbH
At Panasonic, we believe the journey is as important as the destination. We'll continue to develop technologies and solutions to enhance each and every mile. We are aiming to create "A Better Life, A Better World" with the total solution of Panasonic leading to infrastructure from automotive system, such as solutions for the automated driving which made full use of image processing technology and communication technology, the fleet management using big data and the Smart City.