Panasonic Delivers Largest-ever Audio-visual Equipment Supply to London 2012 Olympic Games
As a TOP* sponsor of the Olympic Games, Panasonic will deliver the largest supply of its audio visual equipment for any Olympic Games in the company's history to support the London 2012 Olympic Games to be held in July and August.
With its full line-up of high-definition (HD) equipment, Panasonic will provide strong support for the operation of the world's largest sporting event, at sporting venues, broadcasting sites and homes, in cooperation with the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) and the Olympic Broadcasting Services London (OBSL). Panasonic will also bring the first-ever 3D Olympic Games to homes, based on the 3D technical partnership with the IOC and the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS).
- Panasonic 3D camera recorder at work
- LED large screen display system at Hyde Park during the test event
- Panasonic 20,000 lumens DLP® projector
For the opening ceremony that will be held at the Olympic Park, Panasonic’s world’s smallest and lightest** 20,000 lumens projectors (PT-DZ21K and PT-DS20K) with a high brightness and high quality yet compact form will be installed, which will boost the mood of the ceremony by delivering vivid and impressive HD footage to the audience.
Panasonic will also provide LED Large Screen Display Systems, offering the largest number of screens and the largest area ever at the competition venues. At the indoor event sites, 103-inch PDP displays will be adopted for the first time in the history of the Olympic Games.
Under the concept of "Sharing the Passion" and through providing such cutting-edge equipment and sponsor activities, Panasonic will deliver the thrills brought about by world's top athletes along with their passion, tension and dynamic performance.
A variety of marketing campaigns will be launched globally before and during the Olympic Games.
1. Opening of the Corporate Pavilion, the "Panasonic Full HD 3D Theatre", in the Olympic Park
- Image of Pavillion, the "Panasonic Full HD 3D Theatre" in the Olympic Park
Panasonic will open its corporate pavilion, the "Panasonic Full HD 3D Theatre", at the Olympic park located in Stratford, London, throughout the Games from July 28 to August 12, 2012 under the cooperation of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the London Organising Committee of Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG), and the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS). The approximately 400-square-meter pavilion will be equipped with the Full HD 3D Theatre consisting of a 152-inch PDP and a 103-inch PDP.
2. Starting Global Advertising for the Olympic Games
From June, Panasonic will start its global advertising campaign on TV and in print media with Louise Hazel, an English athlete of the Heptathlon, and Neymar da Silva Santos Junior, a Brazilian footballer. The video content, such as TV commercials and "making of" videos can be enjoyed on the YouTube Special site which will open in the middle of June. In the host country, the UK, Panasonic will develop the Olympic outdoor advertising activities in airports and London City and advertisements on buses and taxis in order to build up anticipation for the event.
- Panasonic Olympic Advertisemen with Louise Hazel, an English athlete of the Heptathlon, and Neymar da Silva Santos Junior, a Brazilian footballer
- Panasonic Olympic Facebook page
"Panasonic/Worldwide Olympic Partner" page on the social network service (SNS) Facebook has been launched to introduce its wide variety of activities as a TOP sponsor. In addition, Panasonic will communicate with users through the site, sharing the passion with users around the world who love the Olympic Games.
AV equipment and devices that will be delivered to the Olympic sites
|Large LED screens||28 venues, 45 screens 1,730 m2|
|Professional sound systems||36 venues, Approx. 200 systems|
|TV sets||Approx. 12,000 units|
|103-inch plasma displays||47 screens|
(excluding projectors for the opening and closing ceremonies)
|AV security camera systems||Approx. 2,500 units|
|Others||HD visual communication system, etc.|
Notice: Olympic-related facilities, such as the main site, the Olympic athlete village, the media center, and the official live site, are included. DLP® is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments.
Broadcasting equipment and devices that will be delivered to the Olympic sites
|P2HD/DVCPRO HD recorder||Approx. 300 units|
|P2HD camera recorder||Approx. 100 units|
|TV monitors||Approx. 1,000 units|
|3D camera||Approx. 30 units|
* "TOP" stands for The Olympic Partner, the highest rank of sponsorship for the Olympic Games. Panasonic is currently the only Japanese domicile TOP sponsor. Panasonic is proud to support the Olympic Movement aimed at promoting world peace through sports as the Official Worldwide Olympic Partner in the Audio and Visual Equipment category for 25 years since The Olympic Partner (TOP) Program commenced for the Calgary Olympic Winter games in 1988. Under the slogan of "Sharing the Passion," Panasonic will contribute to the success of the Olympic Games through its equipment and technology. In 2007 Panasonic renewed the partnership with the International Olympic Committee through to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
**For over 20,000 lumens performance projector as of May 30, 2012.
- [Press Release] Panasonic to Deliver Largest-ever Audio-visual Equipment Supply to London 2012 Olympic Games (May 30, 2012)
- [Press Release] Panasonic Embarks on Marketing Initiative for London 2012 Olympic Games
- [Panasonic Facebook page] "Panasonic/Worldwide Olympic Partner"
- [Panasonic Facebook App] "SHARE THE PASSION"