- Developing eco stores around the world
In the beginning of the video, you’ll learn that “About 60% of the power used by supermarkets in the United States is consumed by freezer and refrigerator showcases.” As a solution, Panasonic proposed a showcase with a double air curtain. An invisible curtain of air traps cold air inside and keeps warm air out. By manufacturing these products in Mexico, Panasonic has also achieved excellent cost-competitiveness.
- About 60% of the power used by supermarkets in the United States is consumed by freezer and refrigerator showcases (According to a Panasonic survey)
- The double air curtain traps cold air to keep food fresh
Next, the video introduces a solution adopted by the “CO-OP Sapporo” eco store that helps to reduce CO2 emissions. With freezer systems and showcases that use non-CFC refrigerants, this store has reduced the annual CO2 emissions of the store to nearly half the level of existing stores.
- A freezing reach-in showcase that uses a CO2 refrigerant
- A CFC-free refrigeration system installed on the store’s roof
And the last solution is an example of a “Heiwado” eco store. Heiwado and Panasonic jointly developed this energy-saving supermarket. The walls and roof of this building are equipped with solar panels that create 87,000 kWh of energy per year. Total energy-saving management is employed, for example, for large energy consumers like freezer-refrigeration systems, lighting, and air conditioning. By monitoring the usage conditions of these systems, which account for up to 80% of the store’s consumption, at Panasonic’s remote center and compiling the resulting data, the power consumption conditions can be visualized. Efforts such as these continue to help save even more energy.
- Solar panels installed on the store’s roof
- A thorough pursuit of energy savings from lighting, showcases, air conditioning, etc.
The Panasonic Group’s energy-saving solutions help to reduce the wasteful use of energy and cut costs. This video presents these cutting-edge solutions together with actual examples.