Panasonic Showcases Comfortable, Energy-saving, Air Conditioning Solutions at HVAC&R Japan 2016
Tokyo, Japan - The HVAC&R Japan 2016 - Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Expo - kicked off on February 23, 2016 (Tue) at the Tokyo Big Sight (Ariake, Tokyo) with the theme, "Goo℃ Future". At this exhibition, Panasonic showcased its latest air conditioners, services, and solutions under the theme, "Taking on the future with connected technologies".
Japan's first* hybrid air conditioner, SMART MULTI
- Offers optimal control by integrating gas and electric air conditioning systems into one refrigerant system -
"SMART MULTI" is an industrial air conditioning system codeveloped by 4 companies - Tokyo Gas, Osaka Gas, Toho Gas, and Panasonic. This is the first air conditioning system developed in Japan that has combined the Gas Heat Pump and the Electric Heat Pump into one single refrigerant system. This hybrid air conditioner, SMART MULTI, is unique to Panasonic, which designs both its own unique GHP and EHP. The hybrid system can help reduce energy costs by remotely switching between GHP and EHP depending on the air conditioning load, output demand, and energy prices.
* as of January 2016
GHP X Air II (gas heat pump air conditioner)
- Optimal solution for a wide range of applications from buildings, commercial facilities, schools, to hospitals -
GHP X Air II offers more efficient operability and better energy savings in comparison to Panasonic's conventional models.
- Enhanced ventilation: Developed a new fan comprised of 3 blades for the outdoor unit. The optimal design realizes energy savings of up to approximately 30% in comparison to conventional models at the same air volume.
- Better heat exchanger: Changed to an L-shape and expanded the heat-transfer area by 25% in comparison to other units of the same chassis size.
- Enhanced operation efficiency under low load operating conditions: Improved the engine and compressor and optimized the pulley to further improve the annual operation efficiency. As a pioneer of gas air conditioners Panasonic will continue to provide comfort and greater energy savings.
Energy saving natural chiller (absorption chiller) Genelink
- Realizes significant energy savings by controlling the flow of cooling water -
The new natural chiller not only recovers heat, but also significantly reduces energy consumed by equipment. As a cogeneration system that efficiency generates heat, Genelink boasts industry's top class heat recovery. In comparison to conventional models, the new chiller recovers approximately 15% more heat and also consumes approximately 28% less gas when compared to operation without heat recovery. Moreover, it also reduces the flow of cooling water during rated operation by approximately 30% in comparison to conventional models. Lastly, when the flow of cooling water is controlled in accordance to the air-conditioning cooling load, it can save up to approximately 70% of cooling water flow.
- Panasonic's large-scale air conditioning cloud systems -
Cloud solutions that offer Panasonic's state-of-the-art IT technology and fine tuned services enables customers to connect air-conditioning systems in buildings such as schools and stores with the cloud server using the network to remotely operate and manage these systems in real-time. Panasonic first began offering this service overseas. In the future, Panasonic will use the maintenance data collected to offer IoT based services to its customers even post installation by better understanding the environment in which each customer's systems are operating and how they are being used to optimally control energy usage and offer maintenance, and proposing system upgrades and renewals.
- Panasonic's ECO-NAVI and Nano-e finally meets offices and stores -
"ECO-NAVI" technology, perhaps best known in Panasonic's room air conditioners can now be found in packaged air conditioning and GHP. With accurate circulation control unique to Panasonic such as the human activity sensor and the floor temperature sensor ECO-NAVI provides comfortable air conditioning while intelligently saving energy. Furthermore, in order to achieve zero ozone depletion potential Panasonic has equipped both its room air conditioners and packaged air conditioners with R32. The newly developed, newly designed air conditioners will create a warmer, cooler, more comfortable environment. And "Nano-e" available in Panasonic's hair dryers, for example, has also been applied to large-scale air conditioners to help create an optimal environment in stores and offices while saving energy.
HVAC&R JAPAN 2016, the 39th Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration Expo
Period: February 23 (Wed) to 26 (Fri), 2016, 10:00 - 17:00 (until 16:00 on the 26th)
Venue: Tokyo Big Sight, East Hall 1-2 *The Panasonic booth is in East Hall 2 (2-802)
Organizers: The Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association
Supported by: Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
Size of the exhibition: 188 companies, 734 stands
- Media Contacts:
- Panasonic Corporation
- Global Communication Group
- Public Relations Office