The monsoon season may have brought with it pouring rain on the 27th of September 2013, but the inauguration of Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation (PMPC) as a model 'eco ideas' Factory still carried on.
- PMPC's new President, Mr. Nobuo Yasuhira, outlines how the factory takes stewardship of its business activities
The momentous event marked the completion of Panasonic Asia Pacific's development plans of championing responsible eco business practices within the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa region, bringing the number of 'eco ideas' Factories in the region alone to seven.
As a Panasonic 'eco ideas' Factory, PMPC leads green innovation not only by manufacturing eco friendly refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners and electric fans, but also incorporating green manufacturing technology in its entire business operations so as to minimise environmental impact.
In conjunction with its inauguration, PMPC also announced the opening of its new refrigerator plant which has undergone "environmental renovation". With an investment of around 500 million peso, the plant managed to streamline its operations through process innovation and more efficient machinery. Even though its area has been reduced to about a third of its original size, the plant is able to almost double its annual production capacity to more than 300,000 units.
Currently, the factory manufactures local fit products for the local market such as single tub washing machines and window type air conditioners. PMPC hopes to strengthen its presence in the country further through continuous technological and product innovation.
- Panasonic Philippines | Facebook
- Panasonic establishes 'eco ideas' Factory in the Philippines Press Release
- Panasonic Global Sustainability
- Panasonic inaugurates Technopark as its 'eco ideas' Factory in India
- Panasonic Launches 'eco ideas' Factory in Vietnam to Cement Commitment to Environmental Sustainability