One of the core parts of Panasonic's vision of becoming the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry in 2018 is "Green Business Innovation", which deals with reducing the impact on the environment of its own business activities, and today, Panasonic announced its plans to establish a new environmental engineering company in Malaysia that will play a part in achieving this innovation.
This new company, Panasonic Eco Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bdh. (PESMY), will work to promote Panasonic's energy saving and recycling businesses in Malaysia, and reduce the environmental impact of industry on the region.
PESMY will be a part of the Panasonic Ecology Systems Group which is promoting its energy saving, water purification and other environmental technologies globally and provides solutions tailored to the environment of each country. In the group, PESMY's role will be to help Panasonic and other Japanese companies who are planning on locating factories in Malaysia to reduce their environmental impact by assisting in the setup and operation of their factories.
Through internal collaboration, PESMY will promote the company's unique environmental engineering businesses, including its energy saving support service business, which reviews factory operation and equipment conditions and identifies areas where energy can be saved, its water and chemical recycle business, its painting equipment exhaust purification business and its soil decontamination business.
From past experience, Panasonic understands the difficulties of balancing an ecologically friendly existence against the demands of economic prosperity. In line with the company's aim of achieving "Green Business Innovation" and under its basic philosophy in which "a company is a public entity of society," Panasonic hopes to contribute to reducing the environmental impact on Malaysia and neighboring countries using PESMY as a base, and is aiming to further expand its environmental systems and engineering businesses globally.
Outline of the New Company
- Name: Panasonic Eco Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.(Abbreviation: PESMY)
- Address: No. 9, Jalan Pelabur 23/1, Section 23, 40300 Shah Alam, Selangor darul ehsan, Malaysia (In the premises of Panasonic Manufacturing Malaysia Bhd.)
- Representative: President, Mr. Tetsuo Ishizu (Managing Director, Panasonic Ecology Systems Co., Ltd.)
- Establishment: April 1, 2012
- Capital: RM 3,850,000 (Approx. 100 million yen)
- Businesses: Construction (environmental systems and engineering business), chemicals (water and chemical recycling business), and others Sales target: 2015: 2 billion yen