On the 3rd of July, Panasonic Asia Pacific announced the establishment of the Panasonic Energy Solutions Development Centre Singapore (PESDCSG) and provided updates on its Punggol Eco Town public residential housing test-bed project. Its participation in the World Cities Summit (WCS) cements its commitment to be the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the electronics industry by 2018. This vision is achieved through green innovation and the development of total energy solutions.
See an exclusive report from Panasonic News Portal's reporter in Singapore on the event.
- Reported by Fizzah, Contributor from Panasonic Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
The new R&D centre is working on developments of its photovoltaic and lithium-ion battery system, as well as its Home Energy Management System (HEMS), altogether to show Panasonic's strengths in providing comprehensive energy solutions. PESDCSG is an important strategic move for Panasonic in line with its new business focus of becoming a more solutions and systems business oriented company with a wider global business outlook focusing on green innovation.
Come end of this year, ten households in Singapore will get first-hand experience of HEMS and ECONAVI air-conditioners with demand response function. Following the success of the Punggol test-bed project, Panasonic hopes to collaborate with even more public and private partners to develop total energy solutions for smart cities regionally and globally.
- Yasuyuki Shintani, General Manager, Energy Solutions Development Centre, Panasonic Corporation, on the newly established PESDCSG and the Punggol test-bed project
- At the press conference, Yorihisa Shiokawa, the Managing Director of Panasonic Asia Pacific reported on the annual 'eco ideas' Declaration for the region
The press conference received extensive coverage from both local and regional media. Government leaders and industry experts were also present, including Mr. Julian Ho, Assistant Managing Director, Economic Development Board (Singapore), who endorsed Panasonic's effort in developing total energy solutions for both local and regional markets.
Reported by Fizzah Rahman, Contributor from Panasonic Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Panasonic Announces Asia's First Test-bed Project on Total Energy Solutions for Public Housing
- Panasonic Asia | Facebook | Twitter
- Panasonic Eco Activities
- Panasonic Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Town
- Panasonic Announces Sustainable Smart Town Project
Fujisawa Sustainable Smart Project Announcement in Japan