* This robot has been already stopped the development. (updated on Aug 24, 2015)
- Panasonic Head Care Robot Undergoing Trials at Barber Shop
Panasonic has started testing of its head care robot alongside real hairdressers at a salon in Hyogo Prefecture. The robot will be at Super Hair Seo in Nishinomiya starting from April 11 for about a two month period, during which customers can come and try out the head care robot.
The robot moves its mechanical fingertips around the customer's head, measuring it with sensors. Once it has an idea of the unique shape of the customer's head, it applies hot water and shampoo and uses its 24 digits to wash the customer's hair.
Test of the Head Care Robot
- Place: Hair Salon Super Hair Seo in Nishinomiya, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- Date: April 11th-June 10th
- Holidays: Mondays, Tuesdays, April 28th-May 6th.
Panasonic will continue to offer robot system solutions as well as individual robots to people requiring care and to caregivers, aiming at total support by both human and robots using combinations of robot and information technologies. Based on this approach, Panasonic will promote developments in line with user needs to contribute to the care and welfare fields.