Main Contents begins from here.
Sep 3, 2010
Panasonic to Renovate Eco Ideas House
Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation today announced it will remodel the Eco Ideas House, a showroom that demonstrates a lifestyle with virtually zero CO2 emissions. The reopening of the house is scheduled for October 6, 2010.
The Eco Ideas House was inaugurated on April 15, 2009 in Ariake, Tokyo, within the premises of Panasonic Center Tokyo, which serves as Panasonic's communication hub to convey its messages and directly gather feedback from its customers. The House combines Panasonic's advanced technologies for saving, creating, and storing energy, and utilizes the natural elements of wind, light, water, and heat to propose the concept of a green lifestyle. Till today, the facility has received roughly 70,000 visitors from around the world. The newly renovated House will be open to the public on weekends and holidays after it hosts the company's eco-themed exhibition Eco Ideas Forum 2010* in October of this year.
Panasonic's latest ideas for social infrastructures, excluding housing solutions, will be showcased at the Technology & Solution Ideas Floor at Panasonic Center Tokyo. This floor had previously been limited to viewing only by business partners, but a guided tour for general consumers will become available after the reopening of the Eco Ideas House on Saturdays through a required on-site reservation to mark the renewal. By presenting the Panasonic Group's collective strengths, the company aims to gather public opinion to reflect upon its business expansion.
In December 2009, SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. became a member of the Panasonic Group. As a result, the newly renovated House will effectively showcase the Group's integrated environmental technologies to propose various solutions for every aspect of living. Panasonic will unite the efforts of its employees together and make the environment central to all of its business activities in order to become the No. 1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry in 2018, the year of the company's 100th anniversary.
- Eco Ideas House
- Eco Ideas through linked devices: Home energy management systems (HEMS) allowing controlled usage, demonstrations of the operation of lithium-ion storage batteries
- Technologies tying together homes and cars: Charging electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) at home
- Energy solution supporting technologies: HIT solar panel technologies and storage battery technologies
- Car-life solution: EV integration system, battery charging infrastructures
- Solutions for the entire store: Refrigerator and freezer showcase, air-conditioning systems, LED lighting, and energy management and digital network solutions
*The Eco Ideas Forum is scheduled from October 6 to 9, 2010 at the Panasonic Center Tokyo. URL: http://panasonic.net/eco/forum2010/
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.42 trillion yen (US$79.4 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2010. The company's shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE: PC) stock exchanges. For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net.
- Overseas Public Relations Office
- Panasonic Corporation
- Tel: 03-6403-3040 Fax: 03-3436-6766
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: 03-3542-6205 Fax: 03-3542-9018
Banner area begins from here.